webuser_197439464

Add a bedroom and new kitchen/dining

Hello,

I am planning an extension on a 3 bed detached house with a garage on the side. Attached photo. I've 2 requirements.

1. To add another bedroom with a wet room.

2. To add open kitchen and dining room.

I can see the following possible options.

1. Double storey extension to the side (width to the fence, length same as existing garage). This will give me a bigger garage and 4th bedroom in the first floor. The existing garage has to be removed. And small single storey extension in rear for new kitchen and dining.

2. Single storey extension to the rear. Since permitted development is up to 8 meters, I can add that bedroom downstairs and also have a new open plan kitchen and dining. Width would be same as that of existing house.

3. Double storey extension to the rear (say 4 m long and same width as existing house). That will extend my existing bedrooms but I might not get an additional one. Can I? I'll get the bigger kitchen with dining.

Kindly advice on the best option with pros and cons if possible.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.