webuser_210078831

Tub to shower conversion - shower base

Dave
4 years ago

Hi all. New here.
Well, I decided to refinish the vanity in my bathroom. Took out the drawers and doors and started to sand them. Then, stood there and looked at it and decided I hated the old, 60's tile behind it so I decided to rip it out. THEN, I turned my head to the tub - same old, 60's tile. You know the rest.
And it all started with a piece of sandpaper.

Now, after ripping out the rest of the tile and the cast iron bath tub I have a bare bathroom.

The question I have for you is... which shower pan to buy. There seems to be a bunch of them from which to choose. I'd like the option of using a shower curtain or doors although that's not mandatory. It's 60"x32". The drain is left and I'm going to have a plumber do that. I'm not interested in tiling the bottom of the shower - just want a pan. Any recommendations? I've looked online and at both Lowes and HD.

Bootz was recommended but I'm concerned about the Styrofoam flexing/compressing. And I've read here that the porcelain on steel will crack easily due to the steel flexing.

The pan will be on slab and it's level.

Thanks!!

Dave

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.