maurice1978

Best paint colours for artwork in a north facing room?

maurice1978
11 August, 2019

I have a small north-facing study/bedroom I'm creating as part of a new apartment layout. No "before" pictures yet, as the builder is still marking out the space! But although that room will have a reasonably sized window, it gets almost no sun, and the walls are always cold. So I'm trying to find ways to make it feel warmer and sunnier than it is.

I also have several black and white print maps of European cities which I plan to hang in there, so I'm trying to find a colour which will set off the artwork, but also bring a little warmth to the room in difficult light. A new toasted oak coloured herringbone floor will be laid in the room.

I thought maybe a yellow, but any tips or suggestions welcome!