rach_at_montanea

Wood flooring or LVT throughout? Including kitchen? Pls, your advice!

rach_at_montanea
4 years ago

I am imminently flooring most of the downstairs of my house as part of a large renovation (about 100sqm). To provide a consistent look I would like the floors to be the same throughout the entrance hall, open plan kitchen/living/dining area, home office and games room. (The cloakroom & utility would be tile and sitting room, carpet.) Aesthetically, I would love wood floors, however there's the problem of wood floors in kitchens (floods, water puddles etc). So we've gone down the Amtico route and are at the point of booking. I don't mind Amtico, it looks quite realistic but it definitely doesn't have the lustre, irregularity or feel of a real wood floor. The amount of prep that has to go into laying an LVT floor is enormous and has bumped the total cost of laying the Amtico up to about £8-9K. I see loads of real wood floor kitchen installations on Houzz so I'm now wondering whether laying a good quality engineered wood floor instead would be better. It would give me a more attractive floor and I would probably have change leftover in case of future pipe leaks etc... Anyone got any pearls of wisdom? Should I stick with the sensible LVT route? (ps. I definitely don't want to tile the kitchen - it's open plan and wouldn't work in our space (though I know it can sometimes work in open plan situations).

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.