loudoolm

Can you help me make my living room work?

Doo LM
4 years ago

So... we recently moved and now have a larger living room. We already owned a fairly new comfy blue sofa, and a grey chair so thought we'd get another sofa to match. The sofa manufacturer doesn't offer the blue anymore so after a lot of deliberation we decided to go for the same sofa but in a contrasting colour. As soon as it arrived we were disappointed, I hate to say it because where as we were trying to make an economical choice I feel we have made an expensive mistake. It doesn't go with the carpet (which we didn't want to change) and I'm struggling to find a neutral paint colour for the walls.

We put the wallpaper up on the tv wall when we first moved in to cover up some v bold horizontal brown stripes. I really like the paper and we have thought about papering behind the light sofa too but concerned it will be a bit too much pattern and make the room tunnel like.

Also struggling to find curtains! Can anyone help me see a way to bring the room together?

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.