and_99

Best oven configuration?

and_99
4 years ago

We are doing a kitchen redesign and we currently have a 30, 60, 60 , 60 60, 30 setup for our full height units.

We were considering widening to allow for 40s at each end but this could prove problematic and so we've been thinking maybe 5 x 60s would be best.

We currently have a full-height freezer to left of oven and full-height fridge to right. We also have a microwave hidden in the first shelf above right oven.

The 30s at each end are a bit useless and we'd prefer internal drawers so hence the 5 x 60 would be better for us here, especially if we aren't going to modify the "hole in the wall" dimensions.

The other consideration is that this wall of units is where we need to store most of the food as the island is underfloor heated - so we're moving all crockery, etc to island. We don't want wall units elsewhere and the sink run under-counter units are taken by appliances.

The space above the ovens right now isn't ideal for food!

But how best to arrange the ovens?

I was wondering about stacked, but the top of the higher oven will be 1800 which is a little high I think.

What about splitting the ovens with a 60 in between? Or will that look silly?

Comments (31)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.