camille_melanie

what to do with mirror area in toilet?

C D
4 years ago

Hi all,
I have started redecorating my downstairs toilet and I am suddenly not sure of what to do with the mirror/mirror area...
The mirror is currently in a recess, in front of the sink (see picture).

I was planning to leave it as it is, having repainted the frame white to match the rest of the woodwork in the toilet (there are 3 cupboards in this toilet, which will all be painted white). Note: the frame is not reattached yet, I need to glue it - hence the large gaps that need to be filled.

Two walls (the one with the window and the one with the door) are going to be painted a grey/brown color and the other two walls (the one of the mirror and the one on the right of the mirror) are going to be wallpapered with a light pink and metallic geometric motif wallpaper (see picture). I am trying to give it a subtle Art Deco feel (our house is 1930s but with no period feature).

I am not sure anymore of what to do with the mirror area...
Should I leave it as it is? Or is there something better I could do?
If I keep it as it is, should I wallpaper the recess or not?
Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.