and_99

Lighting ideas for our kitchen redesign

and_99
4 years ago

Hi,

Looking for some cool ideas for ambient and task lighting for this kitchen remodel.

Currently, we have a lowered ceiling that is 1.6m above the hob, and our existing setup has a 30cm (to fit ceiling extractor) deep bulkhead on the ceiling to house the ceiling extractor and some spots.

As the new bulkhead will be alot bigger (to match new 2.6 x 1.2m isdland size) I'm hoping we could reduce the depth of this bulkhead and put some of the extractor into the ceiling.

We like the idea of some smoke glass pendants over left side of the island, with some nice filament bulbs. We want some nice ambient lighting for the evening.

Plinths light could work on the island and tall oven run units but not the sink run as a dishwasher has a notch out to allow door to open.

I've seen lights in the true handleless rails too.

I dd wonder about creating a box around the perimeter of this section of the room and have a shadow gap uplighting , but not sure that will look good going round the entrance doorway.

Any ideas/photos much appreciated!

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.