alisonmb7

Bathroom redesign - new ideas please!

alisonmb7
6 years ago
Hi there,
We need to redo our bathroom and I've been mulling it over for ages. We're in a 30s semi that at one stage had a separate toilet that has now been knocked together. At one end there still exists some built in cupboards, actual walls and doors, one that opens from the bathroom and one from the next door bedroom. We can knock these in making a room 2.9 x 3.2 ish.

At the moment the cupboard in the bathroom has a radiator, it used to house the water tank, and I dry all my laundry in there when the heating is on... I love it.

So, I'm trying to redesign the bathroom to have, full size bath, large shower, sink with space around it, bit of storage... and build a laundry cupboard, accessed from the hall to take the washing machine, laundry and a little basin to take the pressure off the bathroom in the morning.

We've had many ideas, the wall between hall and bathroom can be removed so doors can go anywhere. We've toyed with separate shower room instead of laundry, separating out the toilet again and putting cupboard and washing machine in the bathroom.

There is the final option of keeping the washing machine in the kitchen, although that creates design questions about the kitchen(which also needs doing).

Here are my latest plans, which give me everything I want, but I'm worried there isn't enough moving space.

Nothing is really 'off the table' so I'd really appreciate some new ideas of how to get what I want in a smallish space!

Thank you!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.