mandy_oaktreebee

Converting granny annex

mandy carmichael
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We've bought and are about to move into a converted bungalow with a 2 storey granny annex for our frail elderly MIL. Due to her decline we've decided to adapt the annex ground floor to one independent living area. This means ripping out the kitchen converting it into a studio bedroom. There is a shower and toilet above this area so we're thinking, but need recommendations on what wc we could use. We'll install a wetroom, where at present there's a downstairs toilet and utility cupboard.The annex was built to accommodate these changes but at the front of the property but we'd prefer to have a toilet closer to her new bedroom. The entry date is the 17th of January.We've already employed a builder to work within the bungalow but for various readons haven't been able to access, to make definite plans for the annex.We can only assume that the upstairs soil pipe and ventilation stack would run down not across the wall (it's a converted garage) into the main soil pipe within the front WC area. We have floor plans for existing building

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.