webuser_56143953

Floorplan help please - Kitchen and master bedroom ensuite / wiw

Hannah Alice
4 years ago

Hello,

I am need of a little help figuring out the floorplan/ layout for our renovation- I keep going round in circles so any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Master en- suite/ walk in wardrobe - we are building a 1st floor extension (as seen on the original vs proposed floor plans in red) to fit an ensuite & walk in wardobe. To help this, you will see we have moved the entrance to the master bedroom slightly down the corridor to allow separate access doors into the en suite & wiw from the bedroom. We can't decide which way round to put the two rooms and what the layout within them should be. I have attached a couple of options but any feedback would be fab. if possible, we would like to keep the windows on this side of the house symmetrical to the existing windows on the left hand side of the house.

Kitchen-
In the original floor plan you will see the kitchen & dining room were two separate rooms. So far we have knocked down this wall to make an open space for the kitchen/ diner with the intent to block up one of the doors (depending on which end the kitchen goes). If we keep the kitchen in it's current position we will change the window in the dining room to doors. The downside of this is that the kitchen design is limited to include a mid height oven. The second option is to flip the kitchen and put the kitchen where the dining room is. this design would allow for the bi folds or sliding doors to be put where the existing kitchen window is. These bifolds would open out onto lawn whereas a door in option a would open out onto the section between lawn & patio. The downside of this is the possibility of noise/ smells from extraction as the services will now be in the middle of the house. Many suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks so much in advance!

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.