martin_mitchell5

Lighting position - driving myself mad

Martin Lawrence

Hi all

I'm trying to layout the lights in my house and am struggling to get it to work properly - if I get them lined up in one place, then they're out of line somewhere else. It's driving me mad.

The lights in the kitchen are fixed and can't move. Hope the below floorplan makes sense.

I have lined up the lights at the top of the Living Room with the lights above the table so that if you look through from the the Living Room they're in a straight line. The trouble is the light is off centre from where the TV is in the Lounge. To centre that would move the lights too close together, unless I move the lights above the sofa closer to the window - but then they're not in line with the kitchen anymore.

Am I driving myself mad for nothing - does it matter if the light isn't centred with the TV wall? Does it matter if the lights aren't inline across the two rooms?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks