martin_mitchell5

Painting the stairs banister

Martin Lawrence
4 years ago

Hi

I changing the banister in my house and have removed the spindles and will be replacing with glass. Paint-wise, I'm wondering what would look best. Currently I have two paint colours I'm looking at Farrow & Ball Railings and Little Greene Slaked Lime Mid.

In the attached photo I am thinking about painting 1 and 3 in Railings and he rest in SLM. Couple of questions ...

1. Will that look nice?

2. Should I paint no.2 & No. 4 in Railings too?

3. No. 6, 7, 5 and 8 we're thinking about leaving in SLM (which is what will be on the walls)

The second picture (without the numbers) is the top of the stairs. I'm not sure whether to paint the posts here in Railings too or leave it all in SLM? There will be a light grey carpet here up the stairs and on the upstairs floors. Downstairs will be a light grey wooden herringbone floor.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.