schmidtbristol

Colours And Kitchen

Schmidt Bristol
4 years ago

How To Choose Combinations And Why Cupboard Style Is So Important?

Colours are crucial to any kitchen design concept. By choosing the proper colour scheme, it could have an impact on both productivity and comfort. Choosing the wrong colours may have an unfavourable impact, especially since you have to live with that colour choice and you see it every day. The kitchen is one of the focal points of your home, so you need to make sure that you choose the right colour combination. The best colour scheme depends on your personal preferences and the overall style of your home’s interior.

Let’s take a look at some colour combinations that you could choose to update and modernise the look of your kitchen:

Bold Colour Schemes- choose striking colours and strong contrasts if you want to have a bolder colour combination. If you have a small kitchen, brighter colours create an illusion of a bigger space. If your kitchen doesn’t get enough natural light, brighter colours can help to reflect the little sunlight that it gets. To get a good visual impact, you may add small elements with darker, contrasting colours in your kitchen.

Subtle Colour Schemes- use subtler colour combinations if you want to create a sense of harmony in your kitchen. Muted colour schemes can build a serene atmosphere that’s warm and inviting. You can get a “harmonious” colour scheme with relaxing and balanced effect by using adjacent colours in the colour wheel. You could choose a darker colour scheme if your kitchen gets enough natural light. However, remember that an overly dark colour scheme can make your kitchen looks smaller.

The style of cupboards in your kitchen is another important consideration. Choosing the wrong cupboard style may affect the overall aesthetic appeal of your kitchen.

Arched Cathedral- choose this style if you want to have upper wall cupboards. Door panels of this cupboard style are shaped like arches. The shape can be raised or recessed within the door frame.

Bearded- cupboards with bearded panels are suitable if you want to mix multiple styles in your kitchen.

Flat Panel- if you have a transitional kitchen, it is preferable to use flat panel cupboards. These cupboards have single flat panel with moulding.

Glass Inset- cupboards with glass insets are recommended only for organised people. The doors are transparent, so people can see what’s inside the cupboard.

Shaker- if you prioritise durability and function, then the shaker cupboard is a good choice. They look like mission cupboards, but with narrower frame moulding.

Slab- slab-style kitchen cupboards have no ornamentation, moulding or panels, so they work really well for a minimalist kitchen style.

Contact Schmidt

To learn more about designing the perfect kitchen for your home, contact Schmidt today and speak with an interior design professional who can assist you and answer any questions you have about modern home design.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.