thebillybob

Help fitting a downstairs toilet

thebillybob
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of advice, we have been going around in circles and are unable to find a design that works.

We have taken ownership of a 2 bedroom semidetached house. it's currently empty and back to bare walls/floors; now is our chance to try and add a downstairs toilet. For obvious reasons, we don't want the toilet to open into the kitchen or lounge area.

I have attached a layout. We are completely open to new suggestions and wouldn't mind opening up the kitchen/utility room into one larger kitchen.

Two ideas:

Extend the entry hallway the length of the house, adding the downstairs toilet under the stairs. Would work well with an open kitchen/utility room. The downside is that it would result in the end area of the lounge losing most of its usable width.

Split the existing utility room and adding the toilet. - This allows us a reasonable size downstairs toilet but due to the outside door, leaves us with a small utility room that is no longer usable.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly received!

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.