hjokeefe

kitchen cabinet colour dilemma

hjokeefe
3 years ago

I really need some advice. I moved into my house a few months ago and have never been happy with the kitchen. It's part of a family room and lounge part is light with a roof lantern and bifolding doors. However the kitchen end is very dark with just a small side window on the dining area side. The room is north facing. The cabinets are a very grey grey and I've never liked them as I prefer more green in my greys so I've decided I'm going to paint them. They are also too dark in that room. I then put up a laminate splashback up and then disaster struck. It had a black granite ideals n which I never liked because it was too dark for the room. I couldn't afford to replace it but whilst my builder was laying the floor, he damaged it and si had to give me some money towards a new one. Couldn't believe my luck. The rest of the kitchen has white worktops. I wanted something light but warm and had enough contrast with the white worktops so went for a sandy cream and don't like it at all. It looks like that yellowey vanilla ice cream. A sticky cream and not at all trend or what I even like. The worst thing is I have created a problem for myself as now can't seem to find a colour that will go with it. I've tried things like f&B bone, shaded white, slipper satin, white tie (which is probably the best) but none of them I don't think are great. Something like pigeon (quite a dark green/blue) I think works but can't go darker.Whole point was to lighten space up. So thinking perhaps white toe (warm off white) on all cupboards except island where I might go for pigeon and then paint the wall with picture on and above cabinets a lighter version of pigeon. I would really welcome advice on how to tone down the sicklinessof it and how to make it work with the white worktop. Sorry for the ramble. Just want to avoid making a further mistake.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.