webuser_759256792

Redesigning kitchen layout - help!

HT T
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We've just bought a new house and initially liked the kitchen lots.

However, now we want to renovate it, as we think there might be a better way to use all that space.

The previous owners used the far end of the room, by the patio door window, to put a TV and a working desk - you can see these in the first picture, in white, in the very far corner. That works, but we don't love the idea of a working desk in the kitchen.

I've modelled the rough layout on Planner 5D, so you can see the space a bit clearer than in these photos, and put some photos of the rough floorplan / different views on here too.

We're thinking a breakfast island might work quite well, and to see whether we could fit the dining table over towards the window, too - there's a rough design for that below, too. Lots of pictures below!

Any other ideas or advice for alternative layouts appreciated!

Current layout (kitchen is 5.11m x 4.09m)

The pictures above make the room very big, so here's the actual dimensions of the present layout on Planner 5D. You can see that the dining table is a little cramped where it currently is, and all the spare space by the window. Current layout in Planner 5D:

LAYOUT 2: Would this work and be a better use of the space?

LAYOUT 3: The dining table looks a bit cramped here, but perhaps the breakfast bar could be made a little smaller, and I wonder if we could get away with this:

Also, the patio door actually juts out from the wall a bit, giving some space to those far seats on the dining table.

We could also potentially make the breakfast bar even smaller if needed, but I'm not sure what size would be ideal.

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.