webuser_71660

creating a front entrance ‘gate’ as a main door??

Tani H-S
3 years ago

Our bungalow has the entrance door on the side. (Had to use the agents original photo as we have a large van and car parked there now so you can’t see it properly!)
We have a very large driveway that needs replacing and we also need to replace the back gates as they are falling apart (old house we are renovating!)

We are wondering about moving the fence forward so it runs across the small garage to the other wall (presuming we don’t need planning for this!??) and creating a kind of front door gate entrance.
The reason for this would be to create extra security to our house, a space to hide the bins, security for the garage and also so that we can drive the campervan through and park in that back area rather than the main drive.
Also creating a smaller area driveway we have to replace as it’s going to be expensive!

My question - is this acceptable/doable?? Thinking of a sturdy material and modern and maybe adding a linked doorbell and house number and large letterbox on it as well??

Can’t find any images of similar things but I guess it would be like private estates who have an entrance gate at the front?

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.