jo_macfarlane81

How would you furnish this room?

Jo Macfarlane
3 years ago

We’re moving house and I’m not sure how to furnish this room. It’s the biggest room in the house - 7.7m x 6.4m - but an odd L-shape with a staircase and two sets of patio doors to the garden.

There’s already a snug with wood burner, a study and a dining room elsewhere in the house so I don’t need this room to have a desk or dining table etc.

My first instinct is to put in floor to ceiling bookshelves along the wall on the far left in the pic, in between the two sets of doors. But what do I do with the rest of the space? A couple of armchairs in front of the shelves, a corner sofa somewhere?

And what about the odd bit to the right as you enter the room from the rest of the house?

The room is an extension to an old house, and the stairs lead up to a single bedroom and bathroom, and the two sets of patio doors lead to the garden, if that helps!

would appreciate any ideas!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.