elizabethbichard

Room inspiration needed!

elizabethbichard
3 years ago

I am new to this site and would love to pick your creative brains! I have attached a photo of my open plan living/dining area. I have experimented with the configuration, and decided I do want to keep the dining area nearest the kitchen and the sofa area near the glass doors which lead onto the garden. This really opens the space up, means I use it all more, and it also means if I have one sofa in the middle of the room facing the glass doors I can sit on the sofa and look out into the garden.

My issue is that I do want either a big L shaped sofa or two normal 2/3 seaters - as this is the only sitting communal area in the flat. So the current sofa (or a version of) needs to remain where it is, which means the very big tv needs to go over the little window. I work in tv so i have to watch a lot of it - i want it opposite a sofa. The little window provides no visible extra light and I am prepared to block it up. Please could I have peoples thoughts on this? What would you do? I am hoping to get a comfy / scandi / modern vibe going in this room (new rug, painting piano, new sofas etc). Sadly i cant get rid of the radiator cover as it houses a LOT of plumbing. I would love your thoughts!

Perhaps theres a way of doing a 3d plan online for free I dont know about?

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.