webuser_5351450

Flooring choice dilemma

Lyndsay
3 years ago

We are building a new house and can’t decide on how much slate to use on the ground floor. We’d like the main flooring to be a dark grey slate however, do we mix materials anywhere? I think we’d like to keep the hall, plant room, shower room, main kitchen/dining/lounge, utility, pantry and craft room all with slate but if we were to put some wooden flooring in there, where would you put it? It will all have underfloor heating. Also, there will be a patio leading into decking so we will hopefully be able to use an outside version of the same slate. This is all adding up to be a lot of slate, so your thoughts are very welcome!

The house is in a ‘black house’ style with vertical black cladding and a very simple shape, so we’re aiming for an industrial look.

The guest bedroom and snug will likely have wooden floor.

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.