loblattner

Polyurethane cornice - opinions/recommendations?

Lo Blattner
last modified: last month

I saw one similar thread on here on this subject but it's a few years old so wanted to see if I could get more up to date opinions on the matter.

I am replacing the ceiling and cornice in my living room - it currently features a plaster cornice that presumably is quite intricate in design but has been painted over numerous times so hard to tell. I am leaning towards getting a polyurethane cornice, primarily because there is a lot of impact and movement from the flat upstairs which made my current cornice crack. The bit of online research I have done suggests that polyurethane is more durable and less likely to crack - any expert opinions on this?

Also would love to hear if anyone has got insight on the finished look of polyurethane - is it very obvious that it isn't plaster and would it look offensive in a 1904 Victorian build?

Appreciate any and all feedback or recommendations - thank you!

Comment