rachel_stirland75

Help with wall colour and carpet

Rachel S
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I'm looking for some advice on living room decor. When I moved into my flat last year, everything was beige (carpet, curtains, walls and furniture). I bought a new sofa that is a teal colour (see attached pictures) and some darker wooden furniture, but I haven't had a chance to change the carpet, walls or curtains yet. The difficulty I have is that I have two slightly different colour schemes in the room. My sofa and the accompanying foot rest are teal, which I thought would look nice with some neutrals that are more at the grey end of the spectrum or I was considering a teal/blue lightly tinted white wall paint. I'm concerned that using pure white will make the room look too clinical, as it is quite large (open plan lounge and dining room with high ceilings).

The problem with this colour scheme, however, is that I have an orange, cream, bronze colour scheme on the chimney breast (see attached pic), which I'd ideally like to keep as it is. I suspect this wouldn't go with a grey or teal-tinted white wall colour, but not sure what colour to choose that would match both colours (teal and orange) in the room. Another option I thought about was keeping the walls the same colour they are (beige), but changing the carpet and the curtains so the room itself doesn't look as beige, which is my main issue with it.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a good colour scheme that might work here? Thanks in advance for your help :-)

Rachel

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.