victoria_mason83

How could be best layout our kitchen/diner/hallway?

Victoria M
12 days ago

We live in a ~400 year old property that was previously extended in 1970 to include an 8mx2m kitchen-diner at the rear.
We are in a position to change internal walls and the external doors/windows but cannot complete a further extension and would like to ask others thoughts/opinions on how best to utilise the space with changes.
The whole of downstairs will be renovated in parallel so there are no issues there.
Does anyone have any ideas for how best to adjust these spaces to achieve a family kitchen-diner that has connection to the outside? Due to the width, its narrower than typical galley kitchens but wider than single wall kitchens, hence the issue. The hallway is currently empty but would not be suitable as a separate dining room due to the number of doorways off it and the risk it would become a 'roundabout-room'.
Minimum requirements for the space are that there is a dining table to seat 4, an area for a dog bed, and a medium size kitchen (to balance the rest of the house).
Many thanks in advance ☺️

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.