marieearl77

Could this space work as a kitchen/diner?

7 years ago

Above would be the result of knocking through wall diving the kitchen and dining room. Would this space be enough for a kitchen/diner?

Layout ideas.

The back 5m wall currently has a window. This is out onto the back garden so idea is to have sliding doors into garden. It probably would look best if we remove the window and centralise the doors rather that put doors to the left side of that wall keeping the window.

That is an open staircase up to the bedrooms. We did consider removing the staircase and putting it off the hallway but that would involve losing space upstairs and a big upheaval that we don't feel essential.

Underneath the stairs is open and empty, open into the room. We are considering blocking the underneath off and using as kitchen storage/shelving or we could put a doorway from hall and use it as a hallway cupboard?

Could this space work? Layout ideas welcome?

Thanks for looking!

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.