linda_harkness

Kitchen colour confusion

Linda Harkness
3 years ago

I am so bewildered and would love some wise input.

I need to update my kitchen. My absolute intention is to replace the wooden worktop with a quartz one and replace cracked ceramic sink with undermount (have chosen Blanco Etagon siligranit). The floor will also need to be redone and my thoughts are Karndean wood effect. However 2 trusted workmen have since suggested either repainting or replacing kitchen doors which are currently a vanilla cream colour.

Are cabinets so terrible that I should change them?

If I do keep the current colour should the worktops be light or dark?

• I love black onyx with a little sparkle but worry it might be too stark a contrast.

I rather like the idea of a soft green tile to replace the existing ones

• builder has suggested no tiles, just upstand - and taking the quartz up behind the cooker instead of a tile splash back - which would rule out black as it might look like a black hole in the wall - also the space is not symmetrical and I think that might look odd!

My head is spinning so I would love your thoughts. The kitchen, although north facing, gives out onto the patio garden so it gets good natural light - and I really want to keep my curtains which I love! Pictures of existing kitchen below (bit messy, sorry) - also green tile & curtains.

My poor, befuddled brain thanks you in advance for any suggestions!

Green tile

Blanco Etagon Siligranit

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.