joel_malpas

exterior visualisation/architectural design

Joel M
3 years ago

Hi all,

My wife and I have bought an 1800’s cottage that is in need of some serious TLC, a good friend of mine is a commercial structural designer and has drawn up some plans for us to extend and re-jig the layout however by his own admission he isn’t an architect and so the design is down to us - he will advise on what’s within the art of the possible and help us with build schedules/material estimates/planning applications etc.

Whilst we have some ideas on how we want the extension to look we’re keen to ensure the design is holistic and well considered in its approach and so I have 2 questions if I may:

1. Is there some software or a service to turn my friends 2D plans into external renders to help us visualise the finished building?

2. If not would an architect consider taking on purely the design elements of a project knowing we had someone who would finish the process for us? If so would anyone know the cost of this type of service?

Thanks in advance all.

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.