rosanna_stott

Bifolds, are they worth the cost and how big to go

R S
3 years ago

So we are in the planning stage of renovating the downstairs. The builder has quoted up to £41k for the following:
Complete kitchen refit, knock down internal wall to create a large dining come snug, open up a wall to increase the entrance wall to the kitchen, knock down an old larder cupboard in old dining room to create more space. Move boiler which is in dining room to the kitchen.
So I guess the price then starts to go up when we add in bifolds, brickwork would have to be knocked down to create space for new bifold add a steel beam potential structural engineering need to be involved. So for a 3mm bifold with a 1200mm window next to it came in at 38k the 4m bifold no other window came in at 41k.
Are bifolds worth it and what size to go for!! Will I see the return in house price value??

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.