gulshun_rehman15

Kitchen colour scheme

Gulshun Rehman
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello! I'd welcome some thoughts on update the colour scheme in my kitchen-diner in a small Victorian terrace. I currently have a heavy duty pine welsh dresser one one side which is the focal point of my kitchen. I'm planning to paint the dresser from the current chalk blue to something a little darker - think Farrow & Ball De Nimes/Inchyra Blue/Vardo. The dresser sits opposite fixed cream coloured Shaker units with cream splashback metro tiles. The floor is black slate. In the dining section there is a chimney breast and a black iron Victorian fireplace. I'm thinking of bringing more black into the kitchen, possibly black grouting on the cream tiles and black handles on the cream units. My dilemma is what to do with the walls. Ideally, I'd like a statement wallpaper on the chimney breast (opposite the dining table). What colour would be best to bring out - the dresser colour or the units/splashback tiles or the floor? Any other suggestions also welcome. Thanks!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.