taylor_made20

North facing Kitchen flooring and colour scheme

C T
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I'm soon to embark on a kitchen/diner extension. Currently we have dark wooden hardwood floors running through the hall, lounge (and current dining room space). When we extend we'll likely be moving the kitchen into the current dining room space which will be the darkest part of the room. I'd love to have the same type of flooring throughout (I like the warmth of wood) but don't think it will be in the budget or possible to match woods. Current thinking is to go for something completely different in the kitchen diner (light toned LVT). There will be a doorway to manage the transition.
So do you try to compliment colours with the existing wood tones? Or just focus on thinking about matching to the kitchen cabinets/worktops?
I was also convinced I wanted sage green cabinets and light/white quartz countertops but having got samples of f&b mizzle, cromarty and French Gray they all seem dull in the space. Greener sage colours seem better but I'm now wondering if I might be better going for an off white...though don't want the space to look too light (light tiles, white/marbled quartz and light cabinets). Any advice about best colours to use? Feeling at a bit of a loss!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.