thekimberleythomass

Improving style with new windows

Jen Thomas
3 years ago

Hello Houzzers,
We are in the process of finalising window quotes to make our 1960s/70s home more contemporary.
I love ranch houses that you see on here, and how the style can make a quote horizontal house feel contemporary. Obviously we love on an estate in Leicestershire so can only achieve so much with the style!

We are looking to have the windows and door replaced with wood-effect UPVC in French grey, my feeling is long thin panels as in the photos from the brochure, with no interior bars or leadwork.
Here’s a pic of the fairly ugly exterior, we have removed the green bushes from the front of the house so this is currently just brickwork.
My specific questions are
1: do you think this is the right way to go (the shape, the lack of bars etc)?
2: should we replace the bow window downstairs on the right with a flat, more contemporary one or replace it but still in the bow shape keeping the lead above
3: Flush-sash or rebated for a contemporary look? the second pic is rebated (protrudes out) third and fourth are flush.
3: Anything else you think we should do while we’re getting quotes in and builders round?

Comments (51)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.