What should we do with our kitchen diner family space?

Andrea boonB
last modified: 14 days ago

We currently have a kitchen / diner / family space which needs a little re-jigging.

We have a column in the center with a huge island around it and the TV tucked behind it. A sofa along the left wall adjacent to the bi-folding doors and a kitchen which runs the whole length of the room along the right.

Our thoughts now are either:

1. to extend out across the whole of the back, alter the study a little and extend the size of the bathroom / utility to be able to incorporate boots / coats etc.

2. to use the garage somehow (We will need to create a walkway down the side of the house if we use the garage as otherwise there would be no access to the garden from the front which we do need.

Room is 6.7m long in total (measured along the left) / 5.5 along the bi-folding doors

Please help with some ideas! open to anything!!