webuser_28616239

Is it weird to paint each room brightly different colour schemes?

Renee
3 years ago

I live in a maisonette where the upstairs is the entrance and the bedrooms are downstairs. All the doors are always closed (I just prefer the doors closed plus I have pets).

This is my first property so this is pretty new to me but ive began decorating and so far have started/nearly finished the living room, upstairs & downstairs hallway, both bathrooms, ”chill“ room & master bedroom. Theyre painted all different colours (With the next room containting a few details from same colour family as the prev room). I love the scandi & mid century (60s - 80s) vibe and have implemented both into every room so the style still is the same (aswell as the flooring for the upstairs hallway & living room). Im really getting into interiors and just home decor overall and im realising that the general way to decorate your home is to keep the colours similar throughout aswell as the style so it all flows.

Obviously im just doing what I like so it doesnt really matter but im curious to know if its strange or not encouraged to have such bold different colour schemes for each room. My main direction was just a colourful retro house with each room giving a different vibe when you enter!

Upstairs hallway:

Living room:

Kitchen colour scheme plans:

Downstairs hallway: (I plan on painting the stairs darker cornflower blue & white, with a wall mural using the colours from upstairs)

Chill room:

Master bedroom:

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.