parmsuk

Plant suggestions for new landscaped garden - Background, foreground

parmsuk
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi, so eventually after some issues we managed to get the whole rear garden landscaped but not planted yet. I hoping to get some ideas from fellow members and experts on suggestion on mainly evergreen planting. I have the following key areas I like to address:

1. Background planting to eventually cover the fencing (does'nt need to be dense planting).
  2. Background planting that can if required exceed the fence height (approx 1ft - 30cm?)
  3. Background planting that does not need to be grown with much depth (i.e. narrow grown)
  4. Does not attract bees/wasps but is dog friendly
  5. Some foreground planting suggestions
  6. Generally easy maintenance

I have included some pictures of the new landscape garden including the original plan.

So far I have done some homework and found the following background plant which seems to meet our needs:

• Photinia red robin

Foreground plants we have seens:

• Cordyline
  • Viburnum Mariesii
  • Japanse Acer

We split up the area (1-6) and our thoughts are as follows:

Area (1) we are thinking maybe using black bamboo (in pots) or Star jasmine (Trachelospermum jasminoides) for background to break up and split out from rest of the long fence run . Then maybe some potted plants on the circular patio.

Area (2) Raised beds, Photonia red robin as background (mix with a tree or another hedge type plant?) and then suggestions for foreground plant??

Area (3) Raised beds, Photonia red robin as background?. This is next to the covered hut where the plan is to build a small BBQ/pizza kitchen also.

Area (4) Large plant such as Viburnum Mariesii or Japanese maple?

Area (5) Some small buxus plants or low level planting? suggestions?

Area (6) Som large foreground plants???

We are open to ideas and inspiration...we looks to have an all year round garden (evergreen) that does not look bare. Try to keep it reasonable modern and in line with the style of landscape. The above is to form the base foundation to what will become the main established garden.

Thanks in advance...

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.