Renovating first London home! Help!

Joe Carter-Hawkins
last modified: 9 days ago

Hi guys,

Me and my brother have purchased our first home and are looking to make some alterations. We're both brand new to it all so any advice helps at this stage.

We're looking to primarily alter the floor plan to knock through a non load bearing wall to open up the living space and to put up a partial wall to separate bedrooms. We're also looking to completely redo the bathroom and kitchen.

It's a pretty average 2 bedroom sized property but with a small bathroom.

Floor plan is approx. 58.1sqm

Kitchen: 2.9m x 1.7m

Bathroom: 1.85m x 1.55m

We've been reaching out to contractors that renovate entire properties and to specialists for the bathroom and kitchen. As the priority is to alter the living space first, should we be looking specifically at individual construction contractors to do the walls or companies that can do the lot?

Below is the original floor plan and the one we're aiming for.

Thanks!

Joe