webuser_823897952

Victorian Terrace Layout Help Needed

Abby
3 years ago

I'm currently looking at properties as a first time buyer and my budget only stretches to Victorian terraces with an awkward 2+1 layout.

There is a house which I'm interested in where I want to reconfigure the layout so that the 3rd bedroom can be turned into a small bathroom plus very small study/3rd bedroom but I'm unsure whether the best option is to keep the stairs going sideways across the house or whether they're better repositioned so they're against the side of the house almost immediately as you walk in.

I'm not sure of the potential to extend into the loft but this is also a consideration and something I'd ideally like to still keep in mind when amending the staircase layout although making the 3rd bedroom/bathroom upstairs work is a bigger priority.

Any advice or suggestions are much appreciated!

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.