fridavk

Please help me with plant ideas for a former pond made into a bed

Hello there! I thought I’d post in this helpful community as there are so many of you with lots of knowledge and great ideas!

We have drained the pond in our garden (mainly for safety considerations as we have young children) and I was wondering if any of you have any bright ideas regarding what could be planted in its place.

It’s a 230cm x 130cm (35cm deep) pond and it’s very visible from our dining table so we were thinking of planting some flowering plants or making some sort of rock garden that we can enjoy looking at while eating.

The main criteria is we don’t want the plants to grow to big or tall and look unbalanced or to obscure the view to the rest of the garden too much. We are in London in case you’re wondering about climate, and this is a north facing garden.

Any ideas and suggestions welcome! 😄

Thank you!

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.