hedgehog99

Support brackets for worktop overhang on island

hedgehog99
2 years ago

Can anyone share experiences with brackets to support the worktop overhang on a kitchen island?

I'm planning a kitchen island with a 22mm thick Dekton worktop and there will be an L-shaped overhang on two sides - see my sketch below (I drew this for the kitchen company so ignore all the extra info!). The overhang bits are on the top edge and right hand edge of the island as you're looking at it from above in this sketch. The overhang will be 400mm deep on each of those sides. Dimensions of the island overall are 3000mm x 1000mm.

The worktop is being supplied by a separate company from the kitchen itself. They've advised that extra support will be needed and that I should speak to my builder (who's installing the kitchen). My builder has advised that the worktop company need to give more information about what's required. He's also pointed out that we'll want something which can't be seen (the bit where 4415 is marked on the plan is sliding doors which will lead onto the terrace, so I'm keen that you don't notice the supports as you look into the kitchen from outside).

I'm wondering whether anyone on here has supports under your island - and if so could you share information/pictures of how they work/your experience in terms of whether they can be seen?

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.