simon_osborne31

Help with Reconfiguring a Bungalow Floor Plan

Simon Osborne
2 years ago

Hello Houzz!

We have just taken on a 1968 bungalow with a very unique design and huge scope to re-configure / extend!

Link to see more - Rightmove

We'll be going up into the roof to add 2 bedrooms, both with ensuite (about 40-45 SqM of extra space in total), keeping 2 bedrooms downstairs (bedrooms 1 & 3 in the floor plan below). New secondary mono-pitched dormer roof. Render and wood clad exterior.

Reconfiguring the existing GF is giving us a headache as there are so many options. I've included a few photos of the rear of the property and also the original floor plan and a rough floor plan sketch of our initial ideas.

- Extending out the back (knocking down existing conservatory) could add a lot of space

- Pushing front door out to edge of porch will create some extra room there

- Stairs need to be built (next to front door would mean accessing the highest part of the loft)

- Tiny utility room at side of property might be better being made bigger and integrated with a new kitchen area

- Opening up the original Bedroom 2 and Dining Room would create a very large open plan space if extending also

- Need to include a large kitchen with island, dining area, utility / larder room, snug, 2 x office (1 in garage), stairs, loo, jacket storage / shoe bench.

The garden is on a slope and is NE facing, so good light all day in the garden but only in morning and evening at patio level at the back of the property.

We're sure there can be enough space to include our wish list.. would be great if anyone in the Houzz community can offer any design inspiration to help us on our journey?

Thank you in advance!

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.