webuser_396288142

Colour blocking help for an open plan kitchen/living area

Tilly Haines
2 years ago

Hey everyone!

I've just purchased my first property - it's a new build and so is currently all white and is being used as a show home. I will get the keys in early June!

Basically, the living room/kitchen/dining area is all one length. I have bought a sofa that I ADORE, which is green velvet.

The kitchen cabinets are grey, and the theme of the kitchen is grey and a sort of lemon yellow.

Anyway, my question is - if I want to paint or wallpaper where the living area is, how can I or should I do this so that it doesn't look ridiculous next to the kitchen/dining area?

I wanted wallpaper behind the sofa, with a sort of jungle theme which is green and gold. So in retrospect that may now look better if I put the sofa where the TV currently is in the photos and then someone suggested some colour blocking and maybe adding a plant, bookcase, etc as a more physical barrier on the other wall.

Any help or ideas appreciated! I want to spice it up a bit.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.