houzzerpolls

POLL: Dreamy Custom Closets

Houzz Polls
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Do you dream of a large well-organized closet?

VOTE for what item you want to customize your closet for and POST A COMMENT ABOUT YOUR OWN CLOSET CHALLENGES to be entered to win a pair of Houzz slippers sent right to your door!

*One entry per person, per drawing. Entries must be posted before 12:00am Pacific Time 8/28/13. One winner will be drawn at random.
Handbags
Ties
Shoes
Suits
Hats
Other - Tell us below!

Comments (1K)

• grandmajoeyj
    10 years ago
    I currently have a hanging shoe storage system which I have to leave when we move. Now the closet in the new house has to be reconfigured for my shoes, purses, hats .... and oh yes, some clothes!
  • Debbie Thomas
    10 years ago
    Can you live like this?
  • rachelaw619
    10 years ago
    i dont have alot of one thing...just need an entire closet reorg! mine is too small, no doors and I share with my husbands 100 dress shirts!
  • Maor Chen
    10 years ago
    Im missing one like this
  • Teri Loper
    10 years ago
    I won .......how cool....loving Houzz even more right now :)
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    10 years ago
    Congratulations to Teri Loper for winning our Dreamy Custom Closets poll! If you missed out on this one, try your luck at this poll. You still have a few days left!
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/poll-whats-your-style-dsvw-vd~619482
  • momsrecess
    10 years ago
    Thanks for all of the wonderful ideas!!
  • PRO
    ECLECTIC BY DESIGN
    10 years ago
    I'm in the process of remodeling our new home (wow! Is it stressful). I am designing my closet with EVERYTHING that I hope will be most functional... especially, shelving for my shoes!!!! ;)
  • Debbie Thomas
    10 years ago
    AT my age, i should not being on a ladder to get my shoes
  • Darzy
    10 years ago
    I converted a small fourth bedroom into a walk-in closet/dressing room. Love it! Except..the shoes are still a problem!
  • beloved777
    10 years ago
    We have a built in closet that needs to be organized and gone through. I would love to have one like these we saw where everything has its place!
  • Momof5x
    10 years ago
    Mine are handbags mainly and office items, I manage to get the office items sorted reasonably well, some handbags I gave away, but rest I have just shelved on racks I bought in wardrobes. Making it accessible is the key for me, hate it when I can't get to a handbag I like haha but now more accessible. Getting there!!
  • Angelica Ruiz
    10 years ago
    Space si the biggest issue in My closet!! Small house!
  • Melissa Echola Geisenhof
    10 years ago
    Creative ideas for for socks, panties. Then there is all of the stuff that doesn't fit in the bathroom..Like jewelry, nail polish and perfume.
  • lashelle21
    10 years ago
    I live in an old house and the closets are too small. Not enough room for anything.
  • Angela Silvestri
    10 years ago
    Problem with my closet is the access both the crawl spaces are in there limiting how high shelving can go and what can sit on the floor
  • rogosn
    10 years ago
    My closet houses the entire households clothes e suitcases and party decorations.. Shoes are found under bags and the bar that the clothes hang on broke under pressure.. It looks like a landfill sure and I'm desperate for organization.. But it's very pricey
  • joannmcgrath
    10 years ago
    My closets are to small to image any of these pictures but if I had to vote it would be the shoes.
  • scpat
    10 years ago
    I have a walk in closet, not huge but nice size. My organizational gene is limited and I need help getting it organized. HELP!
  • rainey69
    10 years ago
    I am a boot girl, what to do with storing boots, especially high ones! That is always a dilemma for me. They certainly cost enough money, they should have a better solution than getting lost on the bottom floor of the closet!
  • Miranda Harris
    10 years ago
    Hall closet is too narrow and dark.
  • PRO
    Specialty Air Inc.
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I would really love to find my suits organized. Small one but can be very helpful for me to arrange things in order. As I sometimes find it very hard to arrange my suits and accessories at one place. The closet has also got a classic color tone.
  • bettyrdh
    10 years ago
    Love the shoes and bag area it's what I need
  • Debbie Thomas
    10 years ago
    Walk in closet, have no idea what it is?
  • saltcitybabe
    10 years ago
    I am also a boot girl (line dancer) and have 21 pair.. I hang them with strong skirt hangers. The inserts keep them from folding over if they are soft leather. I had my son install a couple of closet rods 2 feet from the floor below the areas where I hang shirts.. The skirt hangers hold one pair per hanger. Now, I wish I could come up with an organization technique to keep all my fancy belts organized.
  • Miguelangel Riviera
    10 years ago
    RA l es
  • Debbie Thomas
    10 years ago
    My daughter is 25, waiting for her to finish up nursing school, & i definetly scoope up her closet. Anything helps
  • arlissb
    10 years ago
    hmmm. perhaps a system of movable hanging poles that could be moved in and out to get to seldom used items, or storage for a small but tall alcove between the master and the bathroom on one side or to the walkin closet straight ahead, or a multipurpose storage closet on one long wall downstairs.
  • Debbie Thomas
    10 years ago
    I just so desperetely need more room
  • grzswald
    10 years ago
    We need a big closet period! LOL ~ our 'rancher' built in the 60's has teeny tiny little closets. We think at least one closet should be large enough to hold all of our clothes, shoes etc. in one room instead of 2-3 diff. closets/rooms.
  • Debbie Thomas
    10 years ago
    Do you know what it is like to be disabled with ostero arthritis & have to climb for what they needto get dressed?
  • grzswald
    10 years ago
    I'm so sorry to hear that kubad3 :( I understand your pain, as I also have Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Bone Spurs in my neck etc. Always remember, kubad3 ~ you're stronger than you think you are
  • mamadubbs
    10 years ago
    Kubad3 - I think a closet system can be designed that would allow you to lower the upper rods so that you can reach them. I challenge the OP of this thread to do just that!
  • grzswald
    10 years ago
    mmm, I have some longs dresses that need to be hung appropriately. I would like to see some sort of long hook (light weight!!) to be able to get them down easier :)
  • Debbie Thomas
    10 years ago
    The only custom closet I will ever have is the day my 25 yr old daughter gets married or leaves on her own. ANd I think that won't even do it/
  • Debbie Thomas
    10 years ago
    4 small clothes closets in house for3 people. Ineed hel[. please
  • bookworm202
    10 years ago
    Handbags, we have no place to put them in our small closet!
  • Debbie Thomas
    10 years ago
    I may ask my husband to redo one of my closets. May have to wait 10, but maybe it may get done
  • Tatiana T
    10 years ago
    I have 4 shoe racks and they don't fit all my shoes. It looks messy too! Shoes are the most important thing to get organized.
  • Tracy Greenberg
    10 years ago
    I do not have enough room for shoes or clothes in my closet. I am constantly taking stuff out and putting it in my kids rooms and then forgetting about it.
  • PRO
    All About Looks
    10 years ago
    I need a little bit of everything. Shoes, clothes, scarves. I need to organize it all. I'm big on color coordinating my closet so it would be nice to have a shelving unit in my close built in. And if course a round cushioned stool would be lovely in there.
  • goohasdfghjklanna
    10 years ago
    Closets are so controversial sometimes. You use closets to organize your belongings but it ends up getting so cluttered you wonder if you shouldn't bother. However if you ate one of those people, consider storage shelves with style like stripes or skinny shelves that display your precious treasures instead of stuffing them. If you are not a shelf person, try color coding your closet or adding artwork to personalize it.
  • Nicole Lee
    10 years ago
    the bigger the closet, the better!
  • PRO
    essentials inside
    10 years ago
    Bigger is better, but shoes need the most help.
    www.essentialsinside.com
  • Debbie Thomas
    10 years ago
    Handbags can be stored in totes. This little stuff, my God, you can fine room in a drawer. The biggest issue to storage of amm clothes, Seperated into work, play, casual, & grunge. Still need more room.
  • PRO
    Amanda Borkowski - Design Within Reach
    8 years ago

I am in LOVE with the idea of keeping all my shoes organized! Half the time I forget I have certain shoes and I don't even wear them. I am also the type of person who likes to color coordinate everything so I would also find that very helpful when selecting outfits!

• PRO
    RRS Design + Build, LLC
    8 years ago
    We love Elfa from the container store as a great option for creating beautiful, adjustable and expandable solutions for your closet and storage needs.
  • Debbie Thomas
    8 years ago

There is no one at all that I can enlarge a closet. My daughter & myself are for limited space. I agree, purses can be stored in totes. The problems that my daughter has is that she is stacked with uniforms & dress clothes. Large, heavy coats are a problem. Husband bring uniforms home from work and he gets the left over space for whatever we can find in the house. I have to admit, mother and daughter have too many clothes. Shoes on shelf marked what shoes they are, summer, winter, boots, etc, but still not enough room that shoes are under bed in shoe bags. Hassle to switch seasons.

• PRO
    Spenard Builders Supply - Eagle River
    7 years ago

I'm vertically challenged and I have 2 shelves up high that I cant access without an OSHA approved bucket to use as a step stool. Its not a huge closet- and I'm honestly happy I don't have to share with my husband because he has his own ( overflowing with stuff). And I dont have an abundance of clothes or shoes or anything for that matter. I just wish when I put something on the shelf I can reach it with out getting a ladder!

• PRO
    lighting direct
    7 years ago
    Cool!
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.