Floorplan ideas
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (12)
- 5 years ago
Related Discussions
Floor plan ideas
Comments (2)It looks very doable to remove the wall between dining and kitchen to create an open plan space. You could close the door to the kitchen from the wall then and have a bank of units to the wall against the staircase as well. This could alo make up for any storage space you might lose from the run along the separating wall, which you could mostly have as a breakfast bar instead....See Morelooking for renovation/floor plan ideas
Comments (6)Thank you @Jonathan @Devy brilliant plan. On a second thought I did not factor in the fact if we communicated the garage and the house we wouldn’t have access from outside to the back. So perhaps not the best move. And maybe to connect them the garage has to come down. 🥹. However like Jonathan has suggested may add value overall to the house. One thing I forgot to add is a bigger kitchen is needed as well and possibly a playroom/study. Also perhaps the garage can go as not fit for purpose. Any suggestions for plans to increase downstairs living space and hopefully get an en-suite upstairs?...See MoreHELP - floor plan ideas
Comments (2)I would investigate moving the stairs to the inner hallway thus reducing bedroom one. The bathroom could then extend across the rear of bed 3 and bed 3 incorporates the current stairs and overlooks the front resulting in three equal sized bedrooms. Downstairs, the front reception room could become the wc and utility and the kitchen and utilitiy area combined and with an extention becomes the kitchen diner...See MoreFloorplan Ideas needed!
Comments (5)Love your floor plan! I’m a kitchen/bathroom designer by trade so love doing this kind of thing daily!Apologies for the rough drawing, personally I think I’d bring the kitchen wall down inline with the stairs and lounge wall, knocking through to the diner and blocking the back door up. Then you can run units along here with sink and a couple of tall larders to house oven, fridge etc or on the bottom left wall. You could have a decent size island with hob and stool seating, with space for table/sofa to the right. If you desire a utility I’d be inclined to have a small extension only to the side behind the garage for this, and for a downstairs loo I’d pinch the back of the garage for this and connect through to where your water is in the utility. Not sure how much you use your garage but if you do keep a car in there then you’d possibly want to bring to align front of the house, if only storage you could use part of this for a bathroom. Later on potentially you could build on top of your garage for further bedroom & ensuite. Just an idea!...See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago











Richard L