mrsclairenicholson

Front Porch design Help Please

Claire Nicholson
2 years ago

We are in the process of renovating our Edwardian semi-detached house which currently has two front doors!

As you look at the property, there is the original front door and then the previous owners built a side extension and included a separate entrance. The second entrance is actually very practical, as it leads into our boot room and means that dirty wet dogs, muddy wellies, pushchairs etc can all enter without having to come through our main hallway.

So basically we want to keep the two doors but hide the second one. We would also like a large covered porch for practicality (we are very outdoorsy and having an undercover area to take off boots etc is all very appealing.

You will see on the pictures that we are thinking of building a half height wall all the way across to connect with the neighbours wall and doing this in white render to match the front of the house. Three vertical pillars in black painted timber and then at the moment we are thinking a flat roof (which I’ve drawn in blue) at the same height as the lowest point of the other bits of original roof.

Is there a better design? Will this look in keeping with the front of the house?

All ideas and suggestions very welcome!!!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.