hattyret

Help please! Bedroom layout dilemma

Harriet
2 years ago

We’ve recently bought our first home and have no idea on the layout of the master bedroom. It’s a good sized room but awkward to work out the layout because of the chimney breast.

Do we put the bed:

1. on the wall on the right as you walk in (we would have to rehang the door so it opens the other way or insert a sliding door)
  2. on the wall on the left as you come in (where it is currently, we would need to get in-built alcove wardrobes but there wouldn’t be much space for bedside tables but this would give us more space for a chest of drawers and dressing table on the wall on the right)
  3. against the chimney breast (unsure where we would put our wardrobes as we’d originally thought they could be on the wall on the right but that would block light coming through the window)

Attached photos for reference of our room currently, we have just moved in hence the lack of bed frame/furniture! Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.