fionac24

How can I make the space for inviting and warm...

Fiona P
2 years ago

Hello All,

I have recently moved into a house with a kitchen/diner/lounge area - open plan (at least, that is what we use it for!). We do have a separate living room but this seems to be the go-to place for myself and the 2 kids. I am struggling to make it seem more homely and warm - it just feels so cold and, well, boring, at the moment. I was thinking about having some pictures and floating shelves, but I am finding it hard to be objective about the space and decide where they should go. I have a large tv in front of the corner sofa, so I am wondering whether pictures on the wall above the sofa would look too busy?. Perhaps a picture above the dining table..but would that look too square with that tv adjacent to it..

I would really appreciate any advice anyone could give me - because I am just coming up blank! Thank you for reading x

Comments (20)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.