fionac24

How can I make the space for inviting and warm...

Fiona P

Hello All,

I have recently moved into a house with a kitchen/diner/lounge area - open plan (at least, that is what we use it for!). We do have a separate living room but this seems to be the go-to place for myself and the 2 kids. I am struggling to make it seem more homely and warm - it just feels so cold and, well, boring, at the moment. I was thinking about having some pictures and floating shelves, but I am finding it hard to be objective about the space and decide where they should go. I have a large tv in front of the corner sofa, so I am wondering whether pictures on the wall above the sofa would look too busy?. Perhaps a picture above the dining table..but would that look too square with that tv adjacent to it..

I would really appreciate any advice anyone could give me - because I am just coming up blank! Thank you for reading x