olivia_mccarthy9

Where to put grand piano in new house

Olivia McCarthy

I inherited a grand piano a year ago, we’re currently in a flat and was put in our spare bedroom/office. We’re moving in a few weeks and want to be able to put it in one of the living spaces but we are struggling to find a good spot for it. The piano at it’s widest is 150cm, 180cm long.

We are looking to eventually remodel the downstairs as it hasn’t been update since is was built in the early 1990s. So open to ideas with the current existing layout and a future layout. One of the issues is the number of big doors, they are mainly glass and I think has been designed to let as much of the light through to the north facing rooms.