tia_holland

Opposite walls in accent colour

Tia H
2 years ago

About to decorate my fairly small living room in my first house and wondered people's opinion on this. Has anyone tried it? Did it look okay or am I being daft?
My living room is 15'6" by 11'6". On opposite (longer) walls, there is the staircase with open space beneath it, and on the other an electric log effect burner and mantel. The whole room is beige at the moment and my plan is to brighten it by painting a much lighter cream or possibly even white on the two short walls (one of which has the window) and the dark navy I see everywhere and love on the two long walls. So the fireplace wall and the staircase wall but only beneath the staircase. I'm hoping it will deepen the understairs alcove and make the room cosy but not so dark as if I painted the whole room blue.
Anyone have any idea how this would work, or examples pics? Thanks in advance folks!

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.