deborah_tillett48

Alternative (electric) heating experience?

DJT2021
2 years ago

There have been a few discussions about heating systems so I’m sorry to raise another one…but it’s an ever developing topic! I wondered if anyone had experience to share on alternative electric heating solutions at all? We are removing 1970s-80s storage heaters (x6 for a 3 level Victorian) and researching replacement options. Our initial thought was to replace with gas central heating but the cost is high (c.£12k) and it seems a bit mad to spend that putting in a gas system given the direction of travel. The ASHP route is not a sensible solution for us given (low) levels of insulation here. We are looking at companies like: Climastar, Trusted Electric and Sunflow which offer thermostat controlled heating with various different ‘cores’ (soapstone, silicone etc). It all feels a bit “salespersony” at the moment, and I wondered if anyone had any experience or thoughts on an alternative to gas (that isn’t an ASHP) that they could share please? Feel free also to tell me that you still think gas, with some future proofing for whatever will replace it, is the way to go!! Thanks so much, as always.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.