natalie_donald24

help! where to place fire and tv!

Natalie Donald
2 years ago

I have recently purchased a property but I am having some trouble placing furniture.

There is a window in the centre of the room; a door to the right; and what looks like a blocked up fire place. Ideally, I’d want my sofas (not yet purchased - thought about corner sofa or two singular sofas), or at least one, against a wall. I’m not sure this is possible. I’d also like to explore keeping the original fire placement.

I think I will need a small dining table to be squeezed in (or at least something that can come out if required) as there is no dining table.

I can’t see how I can do anything other than placing the tv against the wall to the left of the blocked up fire and window (if looking at it) and then angling the sofa(s) in the middle of the room, to almost box it off. I could have a dining table at the back right (if looking at the window). I feel this then takes away the openness of the room though.

Any ideas appreciated!

side wall
face on

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.