pamneeta_basi59

Thoughts on proposed extension

Neeta S
last year

Please help! We were finding it really difficult to get builders to quote without drawings but didn’t want to get drawings if we couldn’t afford the build… in the end we went with a company that provide drawings but they drew exactly what I asked for without offering any feedback, insight or professional opinions. The extension will mean we are in our house for at least another 10 to 15 years rather than a few but with costs rising it is feeling scarier and scarier to commit! We are soon welcoming our third little boy to the family too with our eldest turning 4 and our soon to be middle man just turned 2 so we are a growing family of 5. While the boys are little they can share bedrooms but this plan gives everyone their own room and much wanted extra bathrooms. I’ve looked through the plans and my main worries are:

• will the utility be too narrow?
  • will we have space for coats and shoes in what is the current downstairs WC
  • is the new en-suite and dressing room too small? Are they worth doing?
  • will the end of the kitchen have enough light?

I feel like these are questions for an architect but do I get an architect although the drawings are done? Sorry for the floundering message. I’d just love some views/opinions from people that have taken on jobs like this. We are a three bed semi and right now our neighbours are amazing but are we crazy spending so much when all could change with bad ones? Ah! I’m just going in circles 😩🙈

Thank you in advance if you read this far and for any pearls of wisdom out there.

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.